- Family Membership - $20.00
- Adult Membership (18+) - $15.00
- Juvenile Membership (0-17) - $5.00
Residents who do not live in the Town of Wainwright or MD of Wainwright are asked to register for a membership at their local library.
Patrons are responsible for all materials charged out on their membership. If an item is lost, returned damaged, or overdue, the patron must pay the fines/fees before any other items may be checked out.
Your Library Card or Photo ID must be presented to check out material.
- Books - 3 weeks
- Audiobooks - 3 weeks
- T.V. Series - 3 weeks
- Magazines - 1 week
- DVD/Blu-Rays - 1 week
- CDs - 1 week
You can reserve (place hold) on items that you wish to check out either in person, by phone or online through TRACpac. Any fiction or non-fiction resource not available in the TRACpac collection may be requested from another Alberta library through TAL Online. This service is available to library members only. At times libraries outside of TRAC charge fees for sending interlibrary loans. This cost must be pre-approved and paid by the patron when the item is picked up at Wainwright Public Library.
Overdue and Service Fees
- Books - $0.25/day
- Audiobooks - $0.25/day
- T.V. Series - $1.00/day
- DVD/Blu-Ray - $1.00/day
- CDs - $0.25/day
- Magazines - $0.25/day
Patrons who have more than $10.00 in outstanding fines/fees will have their membership privileges suspended until the fines/fees are paid.
Wainwright Public Library Offers:
- Storytime & Family Fun Fables
- PD Day Programming
- Afterschool Programming such as Craftmania, Build It and Bricks & Blocks
- Tween Programming
- Adult Programming (including crafting classes and Let’s Talk)
- Summer Reading Program
- Winter Reading Program
- Partner with other agencies (Snowflake Social, Art Festival Literary Night, Scarecrow Festival, Parade, Stampede Downtown, Rhyme Time, Storytime Yoga, Music Minions, Family Day Fun, etc.)
- Local Newspaper Archives (now updated to mid-2018)
- Exam Proctoring
- Public Access Computers including a printer and scanner
- Photocopy and Faxing Service
- Free WiFi
- Local Artists Displays
- Meeting place for people such as tutors, agencies meeting clients, friends meeting for visit.
- Comfortable chairs and tables for study or have lunch.
- Sale of used books, movies, magazines, etc.
Your Membership gives you access to:
- Children & Adult Books
- Books on CD & MP3 (Audiobooks)
- Large Print Books
- Magazines (we have over 60 subscriptions in house)
- DVDs & Blu-Rays & TV Series (we purchase the new releases to circulate)
- Music CDs
- Tumble Books (eBooks for kids)
- Downloadable Movies & Music
- Downloadable Magazines & Newspapers
- Books in languages other than English (French, Spanish, Korean, etc.)
- Ancestry Library
- Homework Help
- Write a Resume
- eResources (learn another language, home improvement instructions, fix a vehicle, university research papers/periodicals, etc.)
- HappyLights (SAD lights available for check out)
- Access to any Public Library in Alberta. If we do not the items on our shelves, you can order in from another library. This includes everything from books to movies to video games to music. Your membership also gives you the opportunity to visit other libraries and borrow items directly from them.
- We provide an outreach service to Battle River Lodge and the Wainwright Extended Care giving those residents access to library materials.