We are looking for an outgoing, community-minded individual to become our new Library Programmer. If you love to promote reading and life-long learning, then this part-time position is for you. This position involves planning and executing programming for different age groups. This would include current programs such as our successful Storytime program for children ages 3-5 and our school aged programs for grades 1-6 as well as implementing innovative programs and services for all ages. A Criminal Record Check will be required for the successful candidate.
- Create and deliver age-appropriate program activities with a focus on reading and literacy.
- Build partnerships with local schools and other community groups and participate in outreach visits and library tours.
- Advertise programs including newspaper ads and interviews, posters, radio interviews and social media.
- Create displays in the program area of the library.
- Report statistics and submit program evaluations.
- Assist at the circulation desk as required.
- Ability to work well with children and their parents/caregivers is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong interest in reading is required.
- Computer and typing skills are required.
- Commitment and attention to detail is required.
- A valid Driver’s Licence and vehicle is required.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
A full job description can be found here.
Please submit resume to:
Jodi Dahlgren, Library Manager
Wainwright Public Library
921-3rd Ave, Wainwright, AB T9W 1C5