This position has been filled.
We are looking for a post secondary student to become our Summer Programmer for May to August 2023. This position involves planning and executing our successful Summer Reading Program for children of all ages. This position is also responsible for greeting and assisting patrons, checking materials in/out, and maintaining the shelves in an orderly fashion.
- Create and deliver age-appropriate Summer Reading Program activities with a focus on reading and literacy.
- Build partnerships with local schools and other community groups and participate in outreach visits and library tours.
- Advertise the program including newspaper ads and interviews, posters and radio interviews.
- Create displays in the children, juvenile and young adult areas of the library.
- Report statistics, submit program evaluations and prepare a final report.
- Manage the Summer Reading Program budget and fundraise if required above budget.
- Provide basic library services such as circulation and reference duties.
- Current enrollment and the intention of returning to full-time studies for the next academic year in a post-secondary institution is a requirement.
- Ability to work well with children is required.
- Strong interest in reading is required.
- Computer and typing skills are required.
- Commitment and attention to detail is required.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
Please submit resume to:
Jodi Dahlgren, Library Manager
Wainwright Public Library
921 - 3rd Ave.
Wainwright, AB T9W 1C5
The full job description can be found here.
Only those requested for interviews will be contacted. A criminal record check will be required for the successful candidate. The terms of this position are conditional upon funding from Canada Student Jobs grant program.