Library Adult Programmer
Are you passionate about programming and community engagement? Join our team as a Library Adult Programmer where you'll have the exciting opportunity to foster a vibrant programming environment tailored for adults and teens. We're seeking a creative individual who thrives on designing innovative programs, connecting with diverse audiences, and even crafting captivating marketing materials to elevate our library's offerings. If you're enthusiastic about technology, education, and community outreach, this part-time position might be the perfect fit for you!
- Creates and delivers Library programs for adults and teens with a focus on reading and literacy that are needed and beneficial to our community.
- Recruits and supervises volunteers or instructors as required for programming.
- Creates marketing materials to promote the library to the community including posters, newsletters, social media, news releases, and newspaper ads.
- Creates displays in the library.
- Seeks mutually beneficial partnerships in our service area.
- Reports statistics and submits program evaluations.
- Assists at circulation desk as required.
- A background in community programming is an asset.
- Ability to work well with coworkers, patrons and general public.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience with word processing, desktop publishing, database and graphics software such as Canva or Microsoft Publisher.
- Strong interest in reading is required.
- People skills and self-motivation are required.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication is required.
- Computer and typing skills are required.
- A valid Driver’s License and vehicle is required.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
Please submit resume to:
Jodi Dahlgren, Library Manager
Wainwright Public Library
921-3 Ave, Wainwright, AB T9W 1C5
A full job description can be found here. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those applicants requested for interviews will be contacted.